Coaching Process and Topics Available
As each coaching relationship is different, and is based on an individual’s specific goals, needs, interests, and circumstances, it is difficult to precisely define what key points, exercises, and expected outcomes will be achieved. The following represents a sampling of coaching topics available:
and Managing Performance: personal management style, performance
interventions, performance management systems, coaching employees.
- Career Planning and Advancement: individual and organizational succession planning, vocational and behavioral strengths assessment, resume writing, networking, job search strategies, mock interviews, and career rejuvenation.
- Communication: communicating individually and in team, confronting difficult situations, developing assertive communication, persuading others, and communicating with the public and media.
- Conflict Management: reduce the fear of conflict and intervention, identifying root causes, stages and phases of conflict
- Employee Development: Skill building, personal and professional goal setting, action planning, measuring success, assessing and taking advantage of opportunities for growth, and meeting responsibilities.
- Leadership Development: the role of a leader, navigating political situations, managing from the middle of the organization, leadership styles, performance management, motivating employees, team building, recruitment, developing leaders, documentation, facilitating meetings, delegation, and project management
- Life Skills and Work/Life Balance: personal mission statement, clarifying values, developing life direction, going beyond stress management, creating meaningful work, navigating change, and fulfilling personal commitments
- Management Skills and Competencies: improve department morale, increase productivity of staff, understand the key responsibilities of a manager, delegation, leadership, and management styles
- Marketing: branding, developing tag lines, identifying niches, networking, and creating promotional materials.
- Personal Productivity: managing time and priorities, evaluating commitments, clarifying values, overcoming barriers, stretching the boundaries, and managing energy.
- Workforce Diversity and Understanding Differences: valuing diversity, helping others value and appreciate their unique differences, promoting positive work environments.