Eligibility to Participate
- Candidates for the Iowa Certified Public Manager© program must manage people or projects.
- Candidates must be employed by a government agency. Government agencies include municipal, county, township, federal, special district, state and regional governments.
- Candidates must possess conceptual ability, reading comprehension and written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Candidates must commit to completing the entire program, usually in a two-year period.
- Candidates must complete the required application and receive endorsement of his or her immediate supervisor and organization director or designee.
- Candidates must meet any additional criteria as determined by their organization.