Grammar & Proofreading Essentials
|Course Number:||GI 222||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$115||
June 13, 2012
(Please bring sample work to assist in this interactive course)
|Length:||1 Day (8:30 - 4:30)|
Des Moines, Hoover State Office Building, Level A
Throughout the day, participants will...
- Learn tricks and tips for remembering grammar basics.
- Describe current business usage for courtesy titles, salutations, and gender-pronoun issues.
- Recognize words and phrases that may be considered insensitive or offensive.
- Review general rules for grammar so that one can write and quickly proofread to avoid errors.
- Learn proofreading techniques, ensuring efficiency and accuracy.
- Understand the importance of proofreading prior to publishing.
- Comprehend the different needs of email vs written proposals vs business reports.
- Receive a reference guide for grammar rules and tips & tricks.
- Learn differences between email, letters, reports, proposals, and file documentation.