Strategic Planning for Improvement
|Course Number:||GI 455||Scheduled Sessions:|
|Cost Per Person:||$275||
October 1 & 2, 2013
|Length:||2 Days (8:30 - 4:30)|
Des Moines, Hoover Building,
This engaging workshop encourages participants to “dig in” to their current plans, review them and begin planning strategically to achieve organizational objectives. Don’t get lost in the day-in and day-out duties of your team’s work. Learn a new way to get things done by writing an Action Plan, using SMART goals and then learn tools to help you follow through. Strategic Planning assesses and adjusts your team’s and organization’s direction in response to all kinds of change. Strategic Planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide you with constant focus on the future. This course will allow participants to alter behavior immediately—paying off big down the road.
- Understand the differences between long-term planning and strategic planning.
- Create and organize a strategic team.
- Learn the simplified strategic planning process.
- Analyze your present environment and recognize factors that influence your plan.
- Develop a vision of the way you expect things to be in the future.
- Design and plan for future organizational environments and strategies.
- Develop SMART goals.
- Plan and implement the most efficient use of resources.
- Create an Action Plan.
- Formulate accountability relying on your Action Plan.