General Information for Training Liaisons
Training Liaisons are contacts in state government departments. Training Liaisons enroll their departments' employees in PDS courses, communicate cancellations to PDS, promote PDS courses and special events, and may help arrange special sessions. List of Training Liaisons
Training liaisons may receive registration forms for upcoming seminars, certificate programs, or eLearning. Please enroll employees in an upcoming seminar through IITS. All certificate program applications and eLearning applications can be sent to Jeff Panknen or Carrie May..
Please send an email notice to PDS@iowa.gov when you need to cancel an employee from a course. Due to financial commitments made by PDS in order to run courses, PDS is unable to allow Training Liaisons to cancel employees directly from IITS. For more information on canceling employees, please see the PDS Course Cancellation Policy.
Training liaisons are sometimes called upon to help arrange special sessions of our seminars, which can often be held at any location throughout Iowa.
- Read through course descriptions to get an idea of which courses may meet your needs.
- Let PDS know if you have specific needs that you don't see included in a course description. PDS wants to provide you with training that meets your needs and can tailor courses to do just that.
- Identify computer needs. Before arranging computer courses, identify the software used, the skill level needed, and the operating system.
- Determine the number of participants. Pricing may vary depending on the number of people you anticipate to attend the session.
- Schedule courses with PDS as soon as possible. Some PDS courses have a greater demand than others. Some months are busier than others. As soon as you know of upcoming training needs, contact PDS so we can work with you to meet your time frames.